The Bible tells us in the following scriptures how we should Love God:
- 1 John 4:16 NKJV - "And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him."
- Luke 10:27 - "So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’ ”"
- John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
- Deuteronomy 7:9 - "“Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments;"
- John 14:23 - "Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him."
- Proverbs 8:17 - "I love those who love me, And those who seek me diligently will find me."
- Romans 5:5 - "Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."
- John 14:21-24 - "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?” Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me."
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, 13 - "Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things..."
"And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."